Identify what the speaker has said in the audio by matching it to its corresponding transcript. Complete as many as you can within 120-seconds!
Note: Your computer will need a sound card for you to participate in this activity. Headphones are recommended.
- Click New Game to begin. The game page appears and the timer immediately begins to count down from 120 seconds.
- Click Play Audio to listen to an audio clip. You may listen more than once.
- Match the audio file you heard to its correct transcript by selecting it from the list of possible transcripts.
- If the phrase you have selected is a correct match, the phrase turns dark blue. The Phrases Completed tally increments by one and you are automatically advanced to the next audio clip where a new list of phrases appears. A "You must play the audio first" message prompts you to listen to the audio before selecting a transcript.
- If the phrase you selected is incorrect, the phrase turns light blue. You are prompted to try again. The game advances only once you have identified the correct transcript.
- The timer turns red when there are 15 seconds remaining. The game ends when Time reads 0.
- A Game Over summary appears showing the total number of Phrases Completed.
- Click X to exit the summary window. The game is reset and you return to the main screen.
- Click Cancel to end your activity at any time and return to the main screen.
- Click New Game to play again. You may play the game as many times as you like.